lauantai 28. tammikuuta 2017

A weak start / Heikko alku

I am not at all used to be "out of order" and put to bed.  For almost three weeks I have been knocked out due to two different flues and a painful eye infection as a result of my body lacking resistance.  The only virus I have not yet got so far is the current stomach flu and I really hope I will be spared, because there's got to be a limit to everything!

We have enjoyed a lighter touch of winter during the first weeks of 2017.  Being under a blanket it really annoyed me, because nature has been so very beautifully decorated by rime and I just wanted to get out and capture it with my camera.  I have decided to use my camera better this year by being more fearless and to use the manual functions instead of only the automatic ones.  A friend of mine, she's a professional photographer, said it so well last summer when we met.  "The best way to learn is to use and try the different functions.  Lena, remember, the camera won't break!  It's made for using and having fun with - so have a lot of fun!"

During my sick leave I got one day when we still had snow on the ground and I was in such shape I could go out for a while.  Unfortunately the sun had taken a timeout that very same day and it had pulled its blanket of clouds before its shiny face.  It did not matter though because I was eager to take some test shots in not so perfect light conditions.  I am quite satisfied with my first manual shots.  A bigger problem was to to get the dogs the way I wanted them.  For some reason they were crazy of joy for at last having got me out and together with them in the yard.

My first manual shots with my Canon.







Ensimmäiset manuaalikuvat Canonillani.

En ole milloinkaan tottunut olemaan "epäkunnossa" ja pakotettu vuoteen omaksi.  Olen miltei kolme viikkoa ollut kahden eri influenssan kourissa ja kärsinyt sen jälkeen vastustuskyvyn puuttumisen vuoksi silmätulehduksesta.  Ainoa virus mikä minuun ei vielä ole iskenyt on norovirus ja toivon todella, että säästyn siltä, sillä kaikella on rajansa!

Olemme saaneet nauttia myös vähän oikeasta talvesta vuoden 2017 ensimmäisinä viikkoina.  Peiton alla olo on todella ärsyttänut minua, sillä luonto on ollut todella kaunis ja kuuran peitossa ja olen todella halunnut mennä ulos ikuistamaan sen kamerallani.  Olen päättänyt käyttää kameraani paremmin tänä vuonna olemalla rohkeampi ja käyttämällä enemmän manuaaliasetuksia automaattitoimintojen sijaan.  Ystäväni, joka on ammattivalokuvaaja, kehoitti minua viime kesänä tekemään niin .  "Paras tapa oppia, on käyttää kameran eri tomintoja.  Muista Lena, kamera ei mene rikki!  Se on tehty käyttöä ja hauskanpitoa varten, joten pidä hauskaa!"

Sairaslomani aikana oli vielä yksi päivä kun meillä oli lunta maassa ja olin vielä siinä kunnossa, että voin mennä hetkeksi ulos.  Valitettavasti aurinko oli juuri sinä päivänä ottanut aikalisän ja mennyt pilvipeiton taakse.  Se ei haittanut minua, koska olin innokas ottamaan muutamia testikuvia ei niin hyvissä valaistusolosuhteissa.  Olin melko tyytyväinen ensimmäisiin manuaaliasetuskuviin.  Suurempi haaste oli saada koirat pysymään kuten olisin halunnut.  Jostain syystä ne olivat hulluna ilosta saadessaan minut ulos pihalle.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti