lauantai 13. kesäkuuta 2015

Ticks / Punkkeja

I love summer.  The warmth, nature coming to life, fruit trees in beautiful blossom...  Then I remember!  Summer also brings creeping creatures like vipers, spiders and ticks.  Fortunately we have avoided ticks for almost two summers by now but this year Della succeeded in picking one from somewhere in our area only a few weeks ago.

I found it from the corner of Della's mouth and I wondered how I could have missed it, because the tick was in a really well-fed condition.  There was nothing else to do than shout for Pasi, my life-saver in cases like this, and in a second the tick was removed and killed by burning.

Though we've had a tick I am still firm in my belief that the power of garlic keeps them away.  I feed our dogs small amounts of garlic powder every morning mixed in their food.  I have done it for several years by now and all the year round.  Not one of our dogs have complained yet and the ticks have stayed away.

The one and only - I hope... 


Se yksi ja ainoa - toivottavasti...

Rakastan kesää.  Lämpöä, luonto herää eloon, hedelmäpuut kukkivat...  Sitten muistan!  Kesä tuo mukanaan myös kaikki ryömivät ja luikertelevat otukset kuten kyyt, hämähäkit ja punkit.  Olemme onneksi välttyneet punkeilta miltei kaksi vuotta, mutta tänä vuonna Della onnistui poimimaan yhden jostakin.

Löysin sen Dellan suupielestä ja ihmettelin miten olin voinut missata sen, koska se oli jo tukevassa kunnossa.  Ei ollut muuta tehtävissä kuin huutaa Pasi apuun, hengenpelastajani näissä tilanteissa, hetkessä punkki oli poistettu ja poltettu.

Vaikka meillä on ollut punkki, uskon edelleen vahvasti valkosipulin voimaan ja että se pitää punkit poissa.  Annan koirillemme pienen määrän valkosipulijauhetta joka aamu ruokaan sekoitettuna.  Olen tehnyt näin useamman vuoden ja vuoden ympäri.  Yksikään koiristamme ei ole valittanut ja punkit ovat pysyneet poissa.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti